Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Mayhem

It is raining like ca-razy here in my neck of the woods. Street flooding and closures everywhere. However, my drive into work was pretty uneventful. Que blah.

I've been very good this past week on working out. I had just a couple of days off but I think I did pretty good.

Monday SI6 Start It Up
Tuesday Off
Wednesday SI6 Start It Up
Thursday 30 min elliptical
Friday Off
Saturday SI6 Start It Up
Sunday 30 min elliptical

I still really need to work on my eating. I have been eating too much crap. That is why there was only a 1 pound loss this week. But like I always say a loss is a loss is a loss (I don't know why I have to say it three times, it just sounds nice). I am definitely feeling a tad smaller in the belly area. And this morning while I was looking at myself in the mirror, I can see the beginnings of a waistline. Gosh, haven't seen one of those in awhile.

Recipe time!

I came across this recipe while perusing the October issue of Cooking Light. Usually, I don't like these recipes because they call for a lot of ingredients. And with being on a super strict budget, I have to be very choosy on the recipes I try. Since I had most of the items on hand I decided to try this one:

Adobo Chicken
1 tablespoon canola oil
8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
2 cups chopped onion
5 garlic cloves, minced
6 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 bay leaf
3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice

1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently.

2. Return chicken to pan. Add soy sauce and next 5 ingredients (through bay leaf); bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 12 minutes. Uncover and cook 20 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce thickens. Discard bay leaf. Serve over rice.

4 servings (2 thighs and about 6 T of sauce)

(You can click on this link to check out all the nutritional info.)

I personally thought it was very yummy. (I really wish I had gotten a pic) I loooved the sauce over the steamed rice. I did use only 2 cloves of garlic because one of the people I was cooking for isn't a big garlic fan.I also did goof and cook it over too high heat so it didn't come out as saucy as it should have. But the boyfriend still gave it a 9 out of 10. And his opinion is all that really matters <3.>

Dear Boyfriend,


Thank you for being my personal trainer these past couple of weeks. If you weren't around, I know I would not have been working out that way I have been. Thank you for pushing me. I love you lots.

On another note, you suck at picking workout music. I literally need to fight to stay awake during your so called "motivating songs". From now on, please step away from the IPOD.

I still love you lots.

1 comment:

  1. I used to make Adobo ALL the time but haven't in years. I just bought all the ingredients the other day to make it though so I thought it was pretty ironic you posted the recipie!

    ReplyDelete