Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Today is not Monday...

but I'm going to recap the weekend anyway.

On Friday, the boyfriend and I decided to take a day off from the gym. We went out to eat with a friend instead.

I actually woke up at 9:30 in the morning on Saturday to get to a Kickbox Jam class. I told you I loved that class. It's going to be my Thursday and Saturday workout from now on. After the gym, me and the boyfriend ran all over town doing errands. I was beat by the time we got home.

Sunday was a lazy day. I love those days. Sleeping in, staying in your jammies all day. Those are my kind of days!!

Yesterday, I had one of the best workouts that I've had in a long time. 20 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on the treadmill, and 20 minutes on the cross ramp. Plus, lots of weights. I was at the gym for 2 hours. Whoa!! I think I spend way too much time there. But it's all for a good cause, right?

On the eating front, well, you know how that goes. But I'm slowly starting to grasp the idea that my workouts are pretty much going down the drain if I continue to eat loads of junk food. Seriously, what's the point of working my butt off at the gym if I'm going to stuff my face with chips and McDonald's? I do love that stuff, but I need to have them more as a treat and not on a daily basis. I'm not there yet, but I am really trying to get there.

Did you guys hear about Juan Carlos Cruz??? So bizarre! And I used to love his show 'Weighin In' and 'Calorie Commando'! =(

3 comments:

  1. Two hours?!? Go, you! That's awesome! Sounds like you're making progress on the food front, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great workout!! But you're right. There's almost no point if you are just eating back all of those calories. Great realization. I need to scale back the snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chibi - thank you and that progress is barely coming along.

    Traci - Snacking is good though...when you're eating the right kind of snack!

    ReplyDelete