Friday, May 14, 2010

Some workouts and a weigh in...

First thing to get off my chest is my weigh in. It was not a pretty one. I was up 1.2 pounds for the week. That really sucks.

I have been doing really good with the workouts. I have been to the gym every day this week and have gotten some pretty good sweat sessions in. But from that weigh in, you can tell my eating hasn't been very good. It still hasn't clicked in my head that "hey, just because I'm working out doesn't mean I can eat whatever I want." It's not that hard of a concept, but I'm a real hard head (just ask my boyfriend and my mom). So who knows when it'll start to dawn on me that if I want to see some real, true results, I'm going to have to start working on my eating.

I tried the Hip Hop class the other day. It was a big NO NO. I did not like it one bit. It started off great with the warm up but then it turned into one big routine. Now, I used to be a cheerleader (I know, hard to believe) so I am all for learning routines. But not learning them in 20 minutes! Let's just say I didn't get the routine down and I looked like a fool. It was not fun for me at all.

I was starting to think that taking classes at the gym would be a lost cause until last night. I took the Kickbox Jam class. I L-O-V-E-D it!! It was so much fun!! It wasn't so much a routine. More like a bunch of moves put together. There were times when I was lost, but I was having too much fun to really care how I looked. And I left the class drenched in sweat. This is definitely going to go on the workout regime.

I also tried a Core class last night. Big mistake. I am way too big to be taking a class like that. We had to use those balance trainers. I seriously thought I was going to pop mine. The concept of the class is a great one because I really felt the burn, but at my weight, it's just not a comfortable class for me to take. =(

So pretty much all those workouts went to waste with my eating habits. Grrr! Come on, Little Miss Fatty Pants!!! This isn't rocket science. This shouldn't be THAT hard!! What the heck am I waiting for?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Kickbox Jam DOES sound like fun!!! I have some older Tae Bo dvds that I really enjoy doing ... and so does my little guy. Nothing quite as awesome as watching an almost 4 year old kick box ;)
    Glad you found something you enjoyed! That stinkin little gain will disappear in a flash!!!

    ReplyDelete