Friday, February 19, 2010

Why is it the smallest things that tear us down?

The party continues!!

Just kidding. I'm tired of wallowing in my self-pity. I just need to suck it up and take it like a man. I will not see results until I actually start doing something!

After yesterday's frightful eating, I knew the scale would not be happy with me. I was up 1.2 pounds for the week. But, oh no, I will not cry about it. Remember, I will not see results until I actually start doing something!

And I did get a workout in yesterday. 30 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical machine. I sweated buckets so a good workout it was, indeed.

Did you notice a new section over there -------->? Well, one of my big problems is I go through the drive-thru way too much. I also stop at the gas station or Kroger for little snacks and drinks that I really don't need. I tried not carrying money with me but that didn't work too much. So, I think I'm going to try the "shame on me" method. I'm pretty embarrassed at all the money I spend on junk food. But that's not enough to stop me. So maybe, if the entire blogging world saw how much I spent, I'd be a little less inclined to spend it. Catch my drift? This method may be totally useless but it's worth giving a shot.

My jeans were tight this morning, so I'm open to trying anything that will help me.

Enjoy your weekend. The weather will be supernice here, so I know I will!

3 comments:

  1. After a really good start to my journey, I had a couple of months where I lost and regained the same few pounds... It was only a couple of weeks ago that I decided to grab the bull by its horns and go back to basics (i.e. counting calories - and sticking to my 1500 limit!) that the weight has started coming off again.

    Just think of the lovely new clothes in smaller sizes you'll need to spend that junk food money on when you stop going to the drive thru! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take a Quaker oatmeal/chocolate chip breakfast cookie in the car with me whenever I go out and about. It's 180 calories and very filling. It's a cookie and it has chocolate--two of my favorite things. I do that to avoid the snacks at places--I used to be really bad about that, too. I like that you're using money as a motivator--that's pretty powerful!

    ReplyDelete