Wednesday, November 25, 2009

This is what I've been waiting for

I've been waiting for this 4-day weekend since my vacation in August. I love paid days off!!

I've decided to not post about my eating habits for awhile. I just really haven't been eating good at all. And I know you all are tired of hearing about my fails.

But on a good note...

I finally got a workout in last night. Woo hoo!! I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. Gosh, I love that machine.

I'm supposed to start Losing It For Real's 30 Day Shred Challenge today. I should be able to work out tonight no problem. Even if it's a midnight workout.

The holiday festivities are starting today. The boyfriend's sister's birthday is today and her and her family will be coming over for dinner. Then tomorrow is D-Day and we'll be heading over to her house for dinner. I'm in charge of mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, and helping the boyfriend with a key lime pie. I don't know what else we'll be doing this weekend.

Most definitely, we will not be participating in Black Friday. A couple of years ago my boyfriend saved up some money for a plasma tv. We first went to Circuit City at 5 a.m., but they only had limited quantities, so we headed over to HH Gregg but their sale was a joke. So we decided to head to Brandsmart USA. I swear stepping into that store was like stepping through the gates of hell. After we found a salesperson and made our purchase (at an excellent price, I might add) me and the boyfriend got separated. Well, silly me walked back into the store to look for him and it was the worst experience of my life. People were everywhere!! There was no where to walk and the smell of body odor was heavy in the air. I was trapped in the middle of the store, shoulder to shoulder with crazed bargain hunters for a good 10 minutes. I literally almost broke down in tears because I wanted to get out of there and no one was budging out of the way. By the grace of God, I somehow did manage to finally get out of the store. That store seriously traumatized the heck out of me and I don't ever plan on doing a Black Friday ever, ever, EVER again.

Good luck to all you Black Friday shoppers!!

And Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good night!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the Black Friday shopping. I'll let everyone else get the 5 AM bargains. I'll take my beauty sleep instead.

    BTW,I love the elliptical machine too! The machines at my gym are on the second floor overlooking the free weight area where all the hard core body builders work out. Watching them workout really motivates me to stay on that machine.

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete