Monday, May 18, 2009

A weekend and a weigh-in

I haven't been able to post from home, because AT&T is full of caca and our internet is not on right now.

Friday
Breakfast: oatmeal, raisins, almonds, white chocolate chips, OJ

Lunch: rice, meatball, potato

snack: watermelon, 4 pcs. toffee-ettes (sooo good, but soo bad...so so so bad)

Me and Satan went out for dinner with his mother to celebrate my 4 year anniversary at my job. We ended up going to Whole Foods because their Fish and Chips are just as good as Atlanta Fish Market's, but waaaay cheaper!
3 pcs. fish, sauteed veggies, cole slaw, 360 black cherry soda, slice of pb chocolate cheesecake.

Gosh, that food was so yum!! I ate way less than I normally do. I didn't get that gross, bloated, food baby that usually happens when I go out to eat. :D

No exercise :(

Saturday
Breakfast: blueberry smoothie (frozen blueberries and milk and some sugar)...we had absolutely no groceries in the house!

lunch: I met up with Satan while I was out shopping. Subway 6" roast beef sandwich , Sun Chips, Dr. Pepper, 1 Double chocolate chip cookie (Subway cookies are heaven!)

Snack: coke, Fiber 1 bar

dinner: Mashed potatoes, hamburger w/sauteed onions (no bun), salad, some more coke

Later on, we headed over to Satan's friend's house and I had 1 Coronita and 1 carne asada taco

Exercise: 30 minutes on the elliptical

Again, I ate more than I should have, but way less than I normally do.

Sunday
Breakfast: none. Sunday is usually the only day me and Satan have to sleep in, together. We usually roll out of bed at noon.

Lunch: arepa, 1/2 chorizo with lime, orange juice

snack: fiber one bar, cantaloupe drizzled with honey

dinner: rice, Colombian beans, chicharron, arepa

Snack: 2 pcs of black bean brownies (These were freakin' awesome!) I need to be careful with these. It's just too easy to eat too many. Some of Satan's banana split from Brusters.

Exercise: 30 minutes on the elliptical

OK, I drank way too much soft drinks and had a little more desserts than I really should have. Buuuut, I stepped on the scale Sunday morning and was pleasantly surprised!

256.8

That's 2.6 pounds down for the week. I am totally psyched with that.

This is getting easier and easier. It's only been 5 days that I've been really consciously trying to lose weight. But I can see that my mindset is changing about food. I am not constantly thinking about it. I eat my meals and that's it. End of story.

The weekends are really hard for me because that's when I tend to eat just for the hell of it. Not because I'm hungry, just because there's nothing else to do. Good thing I was busy with the grocery shopping on Saturday and the housecleaning on Sunday. Plus, I did get in that exercise on my beloved elliptical machine.

Move more, eat less has been working out for me. I know when (or if) I ever come to that dreaded plateau, I'll have to change things up a bit. But for now, this is my thing and I am totally rocking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment