Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 10

I finally got 20 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical. With annoying noise and all. I just said "F*** it!" and went for it. I know the hardest part of working out is that little fight you have with yourself. "Should I do it or should I not?" is how my battles usually go. But yesterday, I didn't even think about it and did the damn thing. And the time really did fly by. I always make it seem like a big deal but after I've done it, it's really not.

I also added in an extra set to my strength workouts. Boy, did I really feel those extra 12 reps. "No pain, no gain", right?

It was a great day for working out.

And I'm glad to say that I did not stop for chocolate chip cookies this morning. I would be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about it. But they're totally not worth it. I am not about to throw away that great workout.

5 comments:

  1. Good job for passing up the cookies! Also BIG congrats on pushing through the workout. I am so with you on that inner battle...every morning I have to convince myself why it's worth getting up...someday it's bound to get easier right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WaistingTime - thank you!

    Kimmi - I sure hope it gets easier. I'm just hoping for sooner rather than later.

    Ice Queen - thank you!! cookies are the devil.

    Patsy - thanks!! =)

    ReplyDelete